The HoverMatt® Split-Leg Matt is a specialty transfer mattress designed for use in the lithotomy position or on surgical tables when split-leg attachments are used. The Split-Leg Matt has a patented design that separates the bottom half of the transfer mattress into two individual segments, or ‘legs’. These legs snap together for effortless lateral patient transfers and are then unsnapped for convenient positioning on the procedure table. Ideal for use in bariatric and urogynaecological procedures. The Split-Leg Matt SPU version provides the added convenience of disposability once the patient’s hospital stay has concluded.
- Air-assisted technology improves patient and caregiver safety and comfort during transfers
- Inflated mattress moves patient in stable position, reducing skin shear and bruising
- Split-leg design allows for easy positioning with specialty procedure tables, while foot-end snaps help keep patients legs together during transfers
- Radiolucent and MRI compatible for artifact-free imaging
- 544kg weight limit accommodates most patients
The HoverMatt® Air Transfer System is used to assist caregivers with patient transfers, positioning, turning and proning. The HoverTech Air Supply inflates the HoverMatt to cushion and cradle the patient, while air simultaneously escapes from the holes on the underside, reducing the force needed to move the patient by 80-90%1.
1. J. Barry, ‘The HoverMatt System for Patient Transfer: Enhancing Productivity, Efficiency and Safety’, JONA, Vol. 36, No. 3, 2006, pp 114-117
- Patients unable to assist in their own lateral transfer
- Patients whose weight or girth poses a potential health risk for the caregivers responsible for repositioning or laterally transferring said patients
- Patients who are experiencing thoracic, cervical or lumbar fractures that are deemed unstable should not use the HoverMatt unless a clinical decision has been made by your facility.
Hospitals (maternity wards and on surgical tables with split-let attachments), long term or extended care facilities.
|Material||Nylon twill with silica polyurethane coating on patient side, RF Welded Seams||Top: Non-woven polypropylene fibre|
Bottom: Nylon twill
|Width||34″ (86 cm)||34″ (86 cm)|
|Length||78″ (198 cm)||78″ (198 cm)|
|Max Patient Weight||544 kg||544 kg|
|Compatible Device||HTAIR2300 Air Supply Unit||HTAIR2300 Air Supply Unit|
|More Info||Latex Free||Latex Free|
If a HoverMatt® SPU is laundered, it will no longer inflate when connected to the air supply. The “DO NOT WASH” label at the foot-end of the product will dissolve and state “DISCARD IMMEDIATELY”.
|Product Code||Product Name||Dimensions||QTY||Max Weight|
HoverMatt Split-Leg (Reusable) 34”
86 cm W x 198 cm L
544 kg SWL
HoverMatt Split-Leg (SPU) 34”
86 cm W x 198 cm L
Box of 10
544 kg SWL
HoverTech International’s mission is to meet the need for patient transfer and positioning solutions with innovation, compassion, reliable service, and quality products that deliver significant savings to the customer.
Air Supply 2300
HT Air Supply 2300
Inflates all HoverTech devices.
Enquire About Product