Committed to continuous innovation in the field of safe patient handling and repositioning, HoverTech International has developed a next generation solution: the HoverSling® Transfer & Lift Device. Caregivers can now use one, disposable product for nearly all patient handling tasks, including: lateral transfers, repositioning, turning and vertical lifting.
The HoverSling® Split-Leg is an air-assisted transfer mattress and lift sling in one, designed to streamline patient handling tasks by reducing the amount of time and money spent on these tasks. The patient also benefits from trusted HoverMatt air technology that reduces skin shear, during lateral transfers and repositioning, using the HoverTech Air Supply (MHHT-AIR2300).
Six polyester sling support straps (two per side and two between the legs) with loop attachments, enable caregivers to lift patients vertically with the assistance of a mobile or ceiling hoist. When used as a sling for seated transfers, the patented design cradles the patient’s limbs evenly and securely for greater comfort. This unique product can also be used as a limb or stabiliser for wound care or maternity applications.
- Combined air transfer mattress and sling device streamlines approach to lateral and chair transfers
- Air transfer technology reduces potential for skin shear and bruising, while improving patient safety and comfort
- Eliminates costs and logistics associated with reprocessing, significantly reduces the possibility of cross-contamination
- Unique sling design secures and cradles limbs for even support, avoiding the roping effect
- Product is able to stay with the patient through multiple transfers during the patient’s stay in the hospital
- Disposable product eliminates the need for reprocessing and reduces potential for cross contamination
- 318kg (34” model) or 454kg (39” model) weight capacity accommodates a large range of patients, including bariatric patients
- Radiolucency and MRI compatibility allow product to stay in place during diagnostic imaging
- Variable speed air supply facilitates a variety of inflation speeds for patient comfort
The HoverSling®. Split-Leg is a combination air-assisted transfer mattresses and lift slings. When used as an air-assisted transfer mattress, the HoverTech Air Supply inflates the HoverSling to cushion and cradle the patient, while air simultaneously escapes from the holes on the underside, reducing the force needed to move the patient by 80-90%1.. In this capacity, the HoverSling can be used to assist caregivers with lateral patient transfers, positioning, turning and proning. The HoverSling can also be used for vertical patient lifts with a loop style hanger bar.
1. J. Barry, ‘The HoverMatt System for Patient Transfer: Enhancing Productivity, Efficiency and Safety’, JONA, Vol. 36, No. 3, 2006, pp 114-117
- Patients unable to assist in their own lateral transfer
- Patients whose weight or girth poses a potential health risk for the caregivers responsible for repositioning or laterally transferring said patients
- Patients who are experiencing thoracic, cervical or lumbar fractures that are deemed unstable, unless using in conjunction with a spinal board on top of the HoverSling (follow your state’s protocol regarding use of spinal boards) for lateral transfers.
Hospitals, long term or extended care facilities.
|Top: Polyester knit
Bottom: Nylon Twill
|34″ (86 cm),
|75″ (190 cm)
|Max Patient Weight
|HTAIR2300 Air Supply Unit
|Latex FreeIf a HoverMatt® SPU is laundered, it will no longer
inflate when connected to the air supply. The “DO
NOT WASH” label at the foot-end of the product will
dissolve and state “DISCARD IMMEDIATELY”.
|Required Accessory for use as Sling
HoverSling Split-Leg SPU 34”
86 cm W x 178 cm L
Box of 10
318 kg SWL
HoverTech International’s mission is to meet the need for patient transfer and positioning solutions with innovation, compassion, reliable service, and quality products that deliver significant savings to the customer.
Air Supply 2300
HT Air Supply 2300
Inflates all HoverTech devices.
Enquire About Product