Workplace safety is the right of all healthcare workers, and the responsibility of all employers. Use the Qlicksmart BladeFLASK and be safe.
Qlicksmart BladeFLASK provides a simply safer way to remove and contain used scalpel blades. This world-first single-handed scalpel blade remover prevents the dangerous injuries commonly caused by removing blades with fingers, forceps or re-sheathing techniques. BladeFLASK is a puncture proof sharps container. When it is full, the BladeFLASK can be disposed safely without any further exposure to sharps contact.
Remove, contain, and dispose of scalpel blades in one click with the BladeFLASK. Secured using a reusable mounting bracket, this safety device can help you quickly and safely remove up to 100 blades at the point of use.
- Single-handed blade removal
- Shuts off after maximum capacity is reached
- Puncture-proof sharps container
- Able to be disposed of as medical waste
- Size: Length 11cm, Width 9cm, Height 14cm
Scalpel injuries are 200 times more likely to occur than needlestick injuries. They are particularly common in surgical settings. Regrettably, many users and clinical administrators have underestimated the likelihood of these injuries. Scalpel cuts can happen to anyone, including you, no matter how experienced you are in handling scalpels. These cuts can result in infections, blood-borne diseases and psychological distress. Other serious injuries could require microsurgery to repair digital arteries, nerves and tendons. Many such scalpel injuries can be prevented using the Qlicksmart BladeFLASK, the world’s pioneering single-handed blade remover.
- The Qlicksmart BladeFLASKs have safely removed over 70 million contaminated scalpel blades, and prevented up to 150,000 injuries around the world.
- This easy-to-use solution provides a lower cost alternative to safety scalpels.
- BladeFLASK allows all scalpel blade users to maintain their preferences for the standard metal handles.
- BladeFLASK is simple to use with a quick “push, click, and pull” action to remove and contain used scalpel blades.
- BladeFLASK has won multiple awards, which demonstrate its practicality and effectiveness in reducing scalpel injuries.
|Blade Capacity||100 blades – the BladeFLASK shuts off automatically when maximum capacity is reached.|
|Compatible Blades & Handles*||Handles: #3, 3L, 4, 4L, 5, 7, 9, Lawton long handle.Blades: #10, 10a, 11, 12, 13, etc. up to and including #25a, 27 and 36 *Some brands may not work with Qlicksmart’s BladeFlask|
|Incompatible Blades & Handles||Baron handle, Beaver handle, Disposable handles|
|Size (per unit)||Length 11cm , Width 9cm , Height 14cm|
|Weight (per unit)||544 kg|
|Compatible Device||Approximately 250g|
|Material||Body: Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS)Inner mechanism: Polyacetal (POM)|
|Re-usable||Multi-use – Each unit removes 100 blades before disposal|
|Disposal method||The infectious substance logo on the front label and the correct sharps container colour of the unit allow it to be disposed of as medical waste. Please follow your establishment’s procedures for the disposal of medical waste.|
|Regulatory approvals||Australia – Listed under TGA ARTG NO: 146821|
|Product Code||Product Name||Dimensions|
Length 11cm , Width 9cm , Height 14cm | Disposes of 100 blades