A healthy, active person turns several times an hour while he / she sleeps. This movement relieves pressure, stimulates the body, improves circulation, and prevents problems associated with immobility.
Bedridden people who do not turn or reposition often enough have a significant risk of developing pressure injuries (most often on the buttocks, sacrum, hips and heels – also known as decubitus), kidney, bladder or lung/respiratory infections and a range of other medical complications including:
- Venous stasis
- Stone formation
- Urinary tract infection (kidney and bladder)
- Muscle wasting
- Bone demineralisation
Any of these medical problems, associated with immobility, can have serious consequences for the person concerned.
Immobility is the most important risk factor that predisposes the individual to the development of pressure injuries, and therefor interventions to combat this risk must first and foremost focus on mobility.
Use of 30 degree positioning and a 3 hour relocation cycle has been shown to make a statistically significant difference in the incident of pressure injuries compared to standard care and would prevent approximately three quarters of pressure injuries.1
(1). A randomised controlled clinical trial of repositioning, using the 30 tilt, for the prevention of pressure ulcers. Zena Moore, Seamus Cowman and Ronan M Conroy 19 January 2011
Levabo Turn All Lateral Turning System
Our Turn All® System addresses these issues through its ability to provide automated dynamic repositioning, as well as the option of manually controlled static positioning, to improve comfort, independence and quality of life.
Some of the Features of the Turn All® System
- Turn All Pump 3C offers the choice of three cycle times during which the patient is turned from 0° to 30° and back to 0° again, on both the left and right sides. There is a 5-minute rest period, in the supine position, between each turning phase.
- Included pump sits on the end of the bed and silently operates.
- Can be used in conjunction with an alternating surface.
- Back rest can be elevated to 20-30 degrees.
- Automatic CPR function incorporated.
- Fits on most beds.
- Consistent and controlled turning.
- The Side Support function is a safety feature that reduces the risk of skin shear, while increasing the patient’s feeling of security, by slightly raising the edge of the mattress on the opposite side to the one being laterally turned.
Two models available :-
- 225kg Max Patient Weight standard size – 200cm L x 85cm W x 15cm H – Code: PCLV-70128
- 400kg Max Patient Weight Bariatric size – 210cm L x 110cm W x 15cm H – Code: PCLV- 70098
DID YOU KNOW?
At JD Healthcare Group we have a range of Pressure Care solutions to ensure you are providing the best possible care for your patients, to reduce or prevent pressure injuries. For more information contact us on 1300 791 404 to find your nearest product specialist, or click here to email us.
Published July 20th 2022